mardi 22 janvier 2013

A tartan room... or not?


Bonjour tout le monde!

Aujourd'hui, j'ai besoin de votre aide. Comme les fidèles de "maison de Lin" savent que nous habitons dans une très vieille maison, que nous sommes entrain de rénover avec beaucoup de patience et amour. Et la prochaine étape dans notre maison est de faire un "home office". 
Pour ceci j'ai pensé de faire un "Tartan Room". Et c'est là que j'ai besoin votre conseil!  Parce que pour l'instant j'adore toutes ces beaux intérieurs plein de tartan. Mais , j'ai un peut peur d'en avoir mare après un certain temps ou que ça deviennent trop chargé...
Dites-moi, les adeptes de la déco Tartan, c'est t'on bien vivre dans un "Tartan Room"?
Voici quelques images comme source d'inspiration...










Merci d'avance pour vos réponses & à bientôt

XX

Jérôme

Source first image: http://www.dochy.be/
Source others image:http://pinterest.com/maisondelin/maison-de-lin/


25 commentaires:

  1. Hello Jerome! I love the rooms you show here, each is lovely but I think to have it permanently, it would be to much. Maybe it is beautiful for a hotel, but everyday I would not. That said, I know with your flawless taste, it will be wonderful whatever you choose. :) Good luck!

    Hugs,

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Dear Jerome - a touch of tartan, such as the chair, I personally think is acceptable. However, unless the tartan room is in Scotland, where it is expected, for me it is a no no. As Katherine says, I am sure that whatever you decide, it will look tasteful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Jerome, Oui! Yes! Fabulous look. Over time, one may grow weary of any décor, but I am pleased with the look of these rooms. Very relaxing, yet interesting. Reminiscent of my Scottish past.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Dear Jerôme,
    My opinion - NO! You perfect right by being concerned that you would not like it anymore after a wile, I think that you'll be actually "fed-up" quite soon. I would suggest to keep the walls plain, painted in a warm neutral color and then playing with a nice tartan throw or blanket and some cushions covered in the kind of suitable tartan textile, maybe also with a foot stool/tabouret or a small banquette, both easy to recover again.
    You have good and certainly lovely furniture, interesting antique objects, so, lets "speak" them :)
    Good luck and I guess that we all look forward to the outcome!
    Amicalement,
    Karin

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. ear Jerome - These are all wonderful images! Thank you! Whether you can live with a richly patterned interior in an office may be depend on whether you enjoy working in an environment that constantly stimulates the eye, or one that has no at all. Personally speaking, I would find working in a room with a lot of pattern womb-like-a great thing for writing endeavors. At the very least, your chair could be in tartan. That would work, Would it not? It's also your first image, which reminds me of the Zen Buddhist saying: First Thought, Best Thought. "All best regards from Gotham - Daniel

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. J....I say Yes...Will you tire of it?, maybe..BUT...we are all decor blog-ophiles here...admit it...we tire of everything, and crave/demand new. That first shot is fabulous. It's fresh and modern, in it's way. Does tartan roll with the style of your home? If the answer is yes, then you have an inspired winner. Go for it...then post! k
    p.s...you have inspired me to re-think my dining room. I am "tired" of the grasscloth!...thinking a little tartan would do... ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Jerome, I think alittle Tartan goes a long way. I adore the first picture. It's fresh and not too over bearing. Thank you for your visit. I think your blog could use a makeover...I am happy to help....Linda

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Dear Jerome - I like the first photograph best because the white wainscoting offers contrast and a relief. The patterns of plaids are so dramatic that the subtler plaids (like the one in the gray living room) or the darker plaids will work better. I say have fun and do it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Hi, Jerome - I think the look is wonderful. Very charming. I would not want an entire house in tartan, but a room would be divine.
    Cheers,
    Loi

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Bonsoir Jérôme,

    Je voudrais te dire 'GO FOR IT'! J'aime bien le tartan!! Et pourquoi pas seulement un mur couvert d'un tissu ou un papie tartan et pour les autres murs vous choisessez une teinte à trouver dans le tartan que vous avez choisi. Et alors vous prenez des accessoires tartan comme des coussins etc.
    J'aime bien la première photo du website dochy!!
    Je vous souhaite une bonne nuit et merci pour votre message sur dernier post!!
    xx
    Greet

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Haha, je voudrai dire un PAPIER tartan!
    xx
    Greet

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Definitely! Yes! Oui!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. These rooms are well proportioned and tastefully decorated so the tartan looks fabulous. Bisous

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Why not? Go ahead, I too am thinking of adding tartan curtains and pillows in my study for past few months. I find it timeless and classy.
    Good Luck

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. I fear that it might soon prove to be a little too much for me .. des goûts et des couleurs..
    belle soirée!

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Go for it! Tartan is traditional and always looks stylish. Use it in a way you can change it out it you tire of it. As in pillows and drapes. I love all the photos, beautiful!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Bonsoir Jérôme !
    Oui pour le tartan !
    Je pense que cela ferait une pièce chaleureuse et originale. Si les couleurs sont bien choisies on ne va pas s'en lasser.
    Et Greet a raison quand elle it qu'il faut des accessoires qui rapelle le tissus dans la pièce !
    Je vais bientôt choisir du tartan pour un rideau... à Paris chez SEQUANA.
    Je vous souhaite bonnes réflexions !
    Céline.

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Bonjour,

    Vous pouvez aussi adopter un tartan de nos jours ! L’enregistrement se fait en Ecosse, aupres d’un office gouvernemental (le Scottish Register of Tartan). Dûment enregistré, il ne sera possible de le faire tisser qu’avec l’accord du chef du clan, de la famille. Avec bien évidement le choix de vos couleurs !

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. I think this is one of the most significant info for me.

    And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Feel free to visit my homepage NFL wholesale Jerseys (http://nysacpr.org)

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. If you desire to take much from this piece of writing then you have to apply these techniques to your
    won weblog.

    Also visit my website - Boutique Air Max

    RépondreSupprimer
  22. It's going to be finish of mine day, but before ending I am reading this fantastic post to improve my know-how.

    Also visit my webpage KD Shoes

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking
    and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about
    this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; Michael Kors Outlet -
    nysacpr.org -

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article.
    Thanks for providing this information.

    Also visit my site ... Boutique Air Max

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. Hello my loved 1 ! I like to say the fact that submit is awesome, nice published and emerge along with nearly all significant infos. I'd just similar to to appear alot morecertainly an improbable and helpful bit of specificsthat you shared this handy knowledge along with us. Please stay us around day similar to this. Thank you for sharing

    davia leather
    new game kids
    toko jaket kulit murah di garut
    jaket kulit asli domba
    jaket kulit jakarta
    jaket kulit
    abwaba
    permainan terbaru
    layali store
    permainan games memasak
    permainan memasak sara
    permainan games barbie
    toko jaket kulit
    tozca leather

    RépondreSupprimer