lundi 6 juin 2011

La patine du temps


Bonjour,

Le charme intemporel qui se dégage des intérieurs anciens se dévoile souvent à travers les peintures écaillées, les papiers peint défraîchis, les tissus passés et les sols usés. Aujourd'hui je vous fais découvrir de ces lieux dont la splendeur appartient au passé: demeures délicieusement bourgeoises des XVIII e et XIX e siècles et maisons de campagne empreintes de nostalgie.


Au fil des générations, une maison subit des transformations liées aux évolutions des modes de vie.


Quel que soit sont âge, une construction a de nombreux messages à nous transmettre, que ce soit pour lui rendre son ancienne grandeur ou simplement pour choisir chez un brocanteur quelques quelques beaux objets pour décorer un intérieur désormais moderne.


Dans ces pièces confortable où l'on a ses habitudes, on se sent en harmonie complète avec soi-même.


La salle de séjour et ses dépendances immédiates sont les lieux où l'on s"abandonne aux activités les plus spontanées: la lecture, l'écriture, la peinture, les collections ou, tout bonnement, la rêverie.


 Plus que jamais, nos contemporains vivent où ils reçoivent, et vice versa. Les distractions ont changé au fil des siècles, mais la nature humaine est toujours la même: l'homme aime organiser des spectacles et des activités de groupe.


Notre temps de loisir est précieux, par conséquent nous attendons de nos relations amicales qu'elles soient riches et intéressantes. Pour cela, le cadre des pièces dans lesquelles nous recevons doit être particulièrement accueillant.












"Tant que la maison, et même la pièce, n'a pas été habitée, elle semble inhumaine, rébarbative; mais, dès lors que ses murs et son contenu attestent d'une présence présence et d'une activité humaines, l'intérieur et son ameublement deviennent la fierté de son propriétaire et la joie de ceux qui les voient et les utilisent."

Halsey Ricardo, The Modern Home, 1909


A bientôt

xx

Jérôme


27 commentaires:

  1. Hello Jérome:
    The interiors which you show today are so us. We could move in to any of these rooms tomorrow. We love the shabby chic, the antique furnishings, the faded paintwork, the worn parquet,the timelessness, the atmosphere, the air of well being. Indeed, it is the 'patina of time' which is so wonderfully perfected here.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. buongirno jerome yes i love every room too could also move in immeditely I particularly like old kitchens and beds ! Fay xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Jérôme! Wonderful interiors! i can allmost feel the past lifes that has been lived in that house. So meny lovely furnitures. and windows to make the airy light coming inside :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for these interior shots; I'd feel very comfortable in each one, my style. Love the quote by Halsey Ricardo too, even though 102 years ago, nothing much has changed!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hello Jerome!

    This post has described my way of decor to a T! I absolutely love all this! Wall me up in a house like that and I'd go with a smile! Add some good music and food, and heaven cannot top this life! Wonderful, superb post, great pictures and depictions! Love every part!

    Hugs,

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Bonjour Jérôme !

    La cuisine et la véranda : j'aime beaucoup !

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Bonsoir Jérôme,
    C'est un reportage magnifique! Quelle coincidence aufjourd'hui j'ai vu cette reportage sur le site de Marie Claire Maison! Ce sont vraiment des images de rêve!!Et oui les espaces ici sont si accueillantes!
    xx
    Greet

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Every home should tell a story and be filled with items that have a strong connection to the owner. I love to see faded decadence and a "patina of time". The first photo is wonderful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Wonderful reportage ! So interesting to be able to stop and honor the past with our thoughts
    http://whatisbelgium.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Love all the patina and timeless pieces.
    A lovely post, Jerome!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Bonjour! Your blog is beautiful. I'm so happy to have found it-- reading it is like a lovely vacation to France. A bientot!
    Jeanne

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Fantastic. I don't like things new generally. There's no sense of time or being in them. New furniture makes me feel uncomfortable, alien. All of my furniture was either given to me my relatives, or I bought second hand. They are old and constant friends.

    Lovely post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Lovely pictures! Love the collection of creamy faiences.

    But I see 'La patine du temps' every morning when I look at the mirror - oohpps - sorry!
    Greetings from Périgord,
    karin

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. You described the 'life' of a home so well...and the images were perfect...and beautiful!
    xo J~

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Bonjour Jerome!
    What a beautiful place! I could move right in!
    So many wonderful antiques. I'm in love! Vanna

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Oh what a wonderful post! I have just discovered your fabulous blog and am now a new and very happy follower! Warmest wishes - Glenda

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Wonderful post! We will be linking to this great content on our website.

    Keep up the good writing.

    my blog post :: Christian Louboutin Uk

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. This is the right web site for anyone who would like to find out about this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that's been discussed for a long time. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

    my webpage - LeBron James 9

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Thanks for another informative blog. The place else may just I get that kind of
    info written in such a perfect way? I have a mission that I'm simply now working on, and I've been at the look
    out for such information.

    my webpage :: Nike Air Max

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Hi, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
    overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, superb blog!

    Also visit my page Nike Free

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. Hi there, I found your blog via Google even as looking for a comparable matter, your website got here up, it looks good.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just was aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative. I'm
    gonna watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you happen to continue this in future. Numerous other folks will probably be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    My page: Soldes Air Jordan ()

    RépondreSupprimer
  22. This page truly has all the information I needed about this
    subject and didn't know who to ask.

    my page Tory Burch Outlet

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. This is a topic that is near to my heart... Cheers!
    Where are your contact details though?

    Also visit my web site - Boutique Guess

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. I just could not go away your site before suggesting that
    I actually loved the usual info an individual supply
    to your visitors? Is going to be back ceaselessly to inspect new posts

    Also visit my weblog :: Air Max Pas Cher ()

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. Hello are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get
    started and create my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Feel free to visit my site; Louis Vuitton Bags (http://www.explorethecapabilities.com/)

    RépondreSupprimer
  26. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts everyday along with a cup of coffee.

    Look into my blog post: Air Max Pas Cher ()

    RépondreSupprimer